It's a Tag Friday post over at A Vintage Journey
I began by stamping the salamander from France Papillon's Illusionary Artist set of stamps Creepers and Crawlers using distress oxide, spritzing it with water and drying it before cutting it out.
For the background I die cut a tag using media paper tag and stamped with gesso to get some immediate texture and interest on my tag and then dipped in spiced marmalade and worn lipstick distress oxides. When that was dry I rubbed in some vintage photo around the edges and spritzed with water and heat dried and later towards nearing completion I stamped lightly with an old text stamp and splattered both titan buff and titanium white media fluid acrylic paint.
I used the same distress colours plus walnut stain and barn door DI to get another background from which I die cut a robo bar frame by Seth Apter. This was a little smaller than I wanted so I have saved it and cut the outside piece into a larger frame in which the salamander can sit.
I sewed round the edges of my tag and then mounted it onto some brown card. I also sewed down the sides of the frame.
These are the elements I collected for embellishing, the button actually got left off when it came together it just didn't work.
The Salamander is mounted over some chicken wire .....
... and the book plate is being recycled although the inner part is new.
hugs Brenda xxx