I've had a play today and used Tim's June tag as my inspiration. I had already painted the dragonfly a couple of weeks ago and although I like the effects, my response to it wasn't enough to fire me up and take me on a journey with it. But today was different. If you haven’t played along yet you can find all the details on Tim’s blog. Not only will you get Tim’s fabulous make, you can see all the other amazing entrants too.
I decided to use the dress form from the sewing blueprint set and followed Tim's guidance with regard to painting and aging it. I used a size 10 tag to fit it on.
The background - the same - by changing the colours, following Tim's processes but then adding a couple of other colours, I achieved a look I love.
The dress form painted up nicely and I kept it fairly light and so pleased I did as I think it contrasts well with the background.
I also played with the piece of watercolour paper I had left over after I had torn it off.
Here’s the bottom of the tag before I added it.
I used one of the small cotton reels that my dear friend Terry gave me when I went to California in May, aged it with walnut stain and wound it with some thread that had also been rubbed past the blender with ws on.