I have a small panel to share today with my favourite vintage mixed media vibe to it.
1. Cut patterned paper slightly smaller than backing card, distress the edges with a distressing tool.
2.Add a strip of tissue tape.
3. Apply white gesso through a small stencil with a paint brush. Dry
4. Seal the substrate with matte medium. Dry
5. Dip into washes of raw umber and quinacridone gold. Dry
6. Roughen the edges more and blend in ground espresso distress ink.
7. Adhere the substrate to a piece of backing card (mine is 8 x 11 cms).
8. Gather and distress your collage elements and your vintage photo and adhere to the background.
9. Cover the face with scrap paper and splatter some watery tinting base or white gesso / paint.
10. Use a chit-chat sticker or your own printed sentient to finish.
I used up some of my scrap bits and as well as o downloaded photo just sitting in a box waiting to put on show.