Ok, make art every day? I don't think I can commit to that - but nearly every other day? Well maybe but even then it's pushing it when larger projects need designing, making and written up for DT deadlines etc. So all I can say is I will try my best for three times a week.!!!
I'm pleased to say I am no longer playing catch up and I am now at the point where I have been making samples as part of the Andy Skinner Creative Team for his new releases and ready for the CHSI Stitches show in Birmingham in a month's time. Using Andy's new stamps I have started a little project making just small pieces of art and these are something that has got me totally focussed and enjoying exploring background making and designing with a quick and satisfying finish to them.
So this is panel one - they are all going to be the same size 7 cms wide by 10.8 cms in height and they are going into a journal - eventually! I am going to show you the panels in sequence but they will end up in a different order once I have enough to complete all the pages.
I sealed each of the panels using tinting base - half I brushed over the other half I used a palette knife to drag it over.
I then used a variety of ways to create backgrounds using a palette from titan buff, titanium white, cobalt blue, sap green, diarylide yellow, green gold, raw umber and quinacridone gold.
1. Seal the panel with tinting base.
2. Dip into watery cobalt blue hue and dry.
3. Repeat step 2 with titan buff.
4. Stamp text with cornflower blue archival ink.
5. Stencil a layer using media acrylics.
6. Stencil dots with white crackle paste and leave to dry naturally.
7. Finish with a wash of paynes grey and quinacridone gold.
8. Stamp with two colors of archival inks on each print.
9. Add computer generated phrase.
Using the stamps and some of my own words to help bring them all together has been so rewarding I'm hoping that I can keep it up over a more prolonged length of time. More of all of that in a later post.
For now, have fun whenever you find some time to create.
hugs Brenda xxx