Tuesday 1 September 2015

Numbers (1) for Country View Crafts

Antique French Number Plaques

Here's a very special altered photo frame from me today, you'll find out the significance of it at the end of the post.
I started with an old Ikea deep frame which was quite highly varnished so I gave it a sand down to provide tooth for the gesso to stick to it and painted it with decoart white crackle paint.

Whilst that was drying I die-cut four oval shapes from greyboard ....

.... painted them with black gesso and created a rusted effect using decoart media acrylic paints.

When dry I die-cut the movers and shapers numbers and punched holes in the sides.

For the background I took a piece of card and cut it to the size of the frame - I ran it through an embossing folder (I only have 2 A4 ones so the text seemed the most appropriate). I brayered titan buff, raw umber, burnt umber and viridian decoart media acrylic paints on my craft mat and gently rubbed the embossed text over it ....

.... and I didn't waste any of the paints as I took a piece of A4 card and took a mono print from the textured paint that was left and then used what was left on the roller and the craft mat .....

.... to create a spare painty piece that I used in the background of the die-cut 70 and to adhere to greyboard and die-cut the hearts.

Here you can see the crackle effect on the frame which as also been sanded and inked in prominent places to make it look worn.

I used hot glue to add three paint brushes bound with rusty wire....

.... and I still have three left to use on future projects.

Once I had put the frame and pieces together I have a stand up picture frame as a lovely reminder of the year my educational career started, when my love of art really began and also the year I met the most significant man in my life.

I hope you will be able to join us in our numbers challenge this month where there will be a £20 voucher for the Country View Crafts webshop for one lucky winner.

Thanks for stopping by.

hugs Brenda xxx