Sunday, 15 July 2012

PanPastels - Sun, Sea and Sand

This is my DT contribution for our PP challenge this week and I just loved playing with my PanPastels and Crafty Individuals stamps to make this little altered domino book.

I wish I had taken more photos to show you the stages (but I didn't!!!) so I hope you get the gist of it.

  • Cut white card and black sugar paper to size. 
  • Used my scoreboard on the black to create the zig-zag (accordion) pages.
  • Blended yellow, blue and green PPs to create a sand, sea and sky effect.
  • Stamped with CI plates 272 and 278 and used a rubber to take some of the background colour out of the images.
  • Painted the images with DIs.
  • Chopped up the images to the size of the book pages and edged them with walnut stain DI.
  • stuck the pieces to the black pages and added gold pen along the edges.
  • Stamped the bunting from CI plate 284, edged with walnut stain and stuck on pages then glued some vintage gold thread across for the string.
  • Made the domino covers using alcohol inks, painted cheesecloth and added shrink plastic shells and sea horse again using CI plate 272.
I added bakers twine to tie it all together but hated it and ended up yanking it out (luckily no damage done). I swapped it for the vintage gold thread I have. Much happier with that.

It would be lovely to see you join in with this challenge at PanPastel UK . You don't have to use PanPastels to have a chance of winning a set of PanPastels from Your Creativity Store.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

hugs {brenda} xox

Inky and Messy at FSC

Welcome to Sunday. We had a big BBQ yesterday and this post is scheduled so I will let you know how I am later.

Today I am sharing my DT piece for Fashionable Stamping Challenges where the theme is inky and messy. Well I got messy with inks, paints, gilding flakes, embossing powder, glue - in fact you name it and it could be on here.

I am also trying to use up scraps and left over pieces of chipboard hence the unusual shape of this.

The background was layered with Eco-Friendly and Fresco Finish paints and heat dried, then edged with Crown chocolate suede paint. The next layers were Walnut Stain and Bundled Sage DIs followed by a wash of Picket Fence DS, both heat set. For the fourth layers I stamped the text and dots with Archival inks and then Fresco Finish painted die-cuts stuck over the top before  misting with Blue Patina and Cappuccino Perfect Pearls. 

painted the large butterfly wings in gold and added small book paper butterflies, finally I stamped the bees in black Archival and added some gold pen to their bodies and wings.

I added gilding flakes to the flower heads and butterfly wings. To embellish it I made some rolled roses and sprayed hem with cosmic shimmer and used die cuts for the fence, gate and vine. 

Lastly I added some dark brown embossing powder round the edge.

Well have a great day whatever you have planned and I will be back later with my PanPastel DT piece.

hugs {brenda} xox