Wednesday, 5 April 2017

Distress Oxides stamping more pretty butterflies

You know how I love my butterflies so I was so pleased to find this little technique using distress oxides to create these quite realistic looking creatures. If you missed my first experiments a while ago you can find them here and the project I used these on is here.

Begin by dipping a piece of card and drying into distress oxides several times - I used worn lipstick and spiced marmalade. 

Punch or die-cut several so you have a stash of them when you've finished for other projects as well.

I have this little butterfly stamp that was free sometime ago on the Craft Stamper magazine, I love the markings it has on it and the clear veins.

I used the stamp with watering can archival ink and stamped over my punched butterfly as I wanted the detail to show up, but I was very disappointed with it. The contrast is much too harsh.

So I went back to my oxides and stamped using the same colours I had created the background with and the results were amazing. 

These lovely little creatures look so soft and delicate, perfect for a shabby project.

See you on Friday for the beginning of a new challenge at A Vintage Journey and my CG project.

hugs Brenda xxx