It's a colour theme over at Tando and I find they can really inspire me to create something different and out of the box for me. These are the colours to work with today.
I decided to use my much loved DecoArt media fluid acrylics and one of Di's media boards.
1. Paint the media board with a thick coat of sap green, sprinkle with water droplets and leave it to sit for a minute. Start to heat the board but before the watery spots dry lay a piece of clean dry kitchen paper over it to absorb the water. It sucks up some of the paint that has mixed with the water and leaves these gorgeous splatter spots.
2. Repeat step one with a coat of cobalt teal hue. After you have lifted the paper and droplets sprinkle with water again and you get a variation of colour spots in the teal colour.
3. Now mix the lightest colour in the above palette using green gold and titanium white and repeat step 1 again. Here's where I hold my hand up and say I was so busy writing this post at the same time I forgot to heat the board (and take a photo) and laid the paper towel down lightly and pressed gently and repeated with titanium white.
4. Take one of the Tando flowers with stems, soak it with water and when wet enough split it into three pieces. Rough up the flower petals and dry them again. Paint with acrylics, ink the tips of the petals with brown distress ink and flick with white.
I had the leaf die-cuts sitting on my desk and the flowers are from my supplies.
5. Cut a small piece of greyboard, paint it white and when dry add a remnant rub to create your focal title.
6. Sand the edges of the media board and blend the edges with brown distress ink and splatter some tiny drops of the colours used and dry.
Assemble everything together.
The little flowers look amazing with so much texture and dimension.
I wouldn't normally use these colours for a project but I love the results.
Thanks for stopping by and .....
Fantastic project, Brenda! Love those colors!
Absolutely gorgeous, those flowers are stunning. ❤️❤️
It's gorgeous Brenda, I love working with palettes and even sketches..they give so much inspiration. I love those beautiful flowers. The weather is a bit different this week isn't it!! Hugs xxx
This is so stunning!! The colors are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the flowers and background!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
A Mermaid's Crafts
Great colour scheme. Loving the distressed background and the flowers are the icing on the cake. Love it Brenda. Xx
That's a beautiful combination of colours and love how you used the. Happy creative week, Angela xXx
A very interesting background technique, the finished result of your media board looks super and I love the colour combo used on it, - different for you but very lovely!
Oooh, I love the fabulous background you created and those beautiful flowers remind me of the Hellebores in our garden! I had no idea that you could soak those stems, I must try that one and the paint technique too, it looks amazing. Hugs, Anne xx
That's a lovely photo on the colour palette, and I think that's influenced you too, by the look of it. Your gorgeous dimensional flowers are luxurious and opulent, and look beautiful against your droplet background - what a great technique.
Thse colours really suit you , Brenda as this is such a gorgeous creation. Tfs and as always inspiring .
Gorgeously green!!! I LOVE every detail on the layered background...fabulous make!
I do love these colours and these flowers look amazing! Hugs,Chrisx
Post a Comment