I am posting this Christmas Angel project over on Andy's blog today. It's been quite a while in the conception and making but finished at last and I love it.
I have included a few bits from Andy's project packs and used my Tando frame plus lots of paints and mediums from the Fabulous DecoArt Media range.
Unfortunately my notes on the techniques and colours got lost so it's photos and memory only.
Starting with the frame I sealed the base with gesso then scraped what I think was prussian blue, cerulean blue and yellow ochre, dring it before painting on a coat of weathered wood crackle medium. When that was dry I painted over a coat of white chalky finish paint and watched the crackles appear. I had intended to dribble more paints or rub over some antiquing cream but with all the other textures I decided to leave it just as it was to ad some contrast in the background.
I love Andy's 'industrial wings' and decided to use one for the Angel's halo and head printing the face from the Graphics Fairy. I used media gold to paint and seal the halo. added a layer of clear crackle paste and when dry painted over some white antiquing cream and wiped it back to reveal the very, very fine crackles - perfect for the golden halo.
Next I worked on the four frame pieces sealing them with gesso, dabbling on a wash of prussian blue, stamping text from Andy's Textures stamps then using white modeling to create the gorgeous star design. When that was dry I brayered over with the gold paint.
I used the arch from the 'sacred secrets' kit, sealed it with gesso and when dry scraped more gesso using a palette knife. I then dribbled and dried yellow ochre and quinacridone gold through it.
Next came the wings which are sizzix die-cuts run through the foundry embossing folder then painted silver, rubbed in random places with raw umber media fluid acrylic and dribbled and daubed quinacridone gold through it to achieve the rusty look.
I collected together some Tando cogs, die cut the border and the burst medallion altering them with media paints and a gold metallic lustre.
To finish the arched body I stamped some Andy texture using orange blossom archival ink and a stamp from his Industrial set.
Lastly the assembling ....
.... die-cutting the gold star and adding some words.
I was inspired by several artists who I had seen making angels over the past week weeks but using Andy's products makes it look completely different.
The preparations are almost finished in the Brown household and I am looking forward to a fabulous family Christmas. Enjoy your last few days before the big day.
HUGE hugs and ....
A gorgeous piece, Brenda! I love all the rusty bits.
Enjoy your Christmas.
Its a fabulous project. I love your angel and the wonderful textures together with the slightly industrial look of the cogs and wheels....awesome.
Great cards in yesterdays post as well.
Have a goos weekend.
The crackled and textured background you created is stunning Brenda and the angel is really beautiful. You have made wonderful use of the bits from Andy's packs! Hugs, Anne xx
WOW...angelic artsyness!!! New word!!! LOVE the stenciled frame, and all the paint...truly stunning! Merry Christmas to you!
She's gorgeous Brenda, the perfect mix of grunge and shabby chic. Happy Christmas eve eve!! Hugs xxx
Oh my gosh, this is amazing!! Wow!! The angel face is beautiful!! I love the crackle and texture and every single detail!! Spectacular!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)
A Mermaid's Crafts
Loved this over at Andy's - and I never thought I'd be tempted by Orange Blossom ink!
Post a Comment