Here's panel 2 in this series of Fossil cards - the introduction and first one can be found here if you missed it.
I'm having great fun playing with Andy Skinner's new stamps, two sets are with Stampendous and the others are with a new collaboration between himself and France Papillon called Illusionary Artists.
My main focus is on the Fossils set which you buy from Tando Creative.
This little creature must have a name - Froglet perhaps?
1. Seal the panel with tinting base.
2. Use a bubble stencil and cobalt blue, sap green and white titanium paints.
3. Stamp the froglet several times with coffee archival ink.
4. Brush some white gesso over randomly.
5. I stamped with the industrial texture stamp with weathered wood DI and covered it with microglaze but it still got lost in the next layers because it is water based.
6. Paint on a wash of quinacridone gold and paynes grey - this sat in small puddles over the wax of the microglaze.
7. Give it a coat of matte medium to seal it and provide tooth for the next layers.
8. Give it another wash of quin gold and payes grey.
9.Dip it in some watery titan buff.
I then stamped froglet using titan buff acrylic onto brown card and cut him out......
.... and finished with some more of my own computer generated words.
I hope you've had a great weekend.
hugs Brenda xxx
I am being soooo good about not spending this month...but these stamps are def top of my NEED list for next month lol...You are such a bad influence ;D XXX
I don't know what to say! I really, really don't like frogs but this looks fabulous - even though it's ful of frogs!! Lol! Chrisx
Perfect colour choice for your froglet Brenda, gives a real feel of a fossil. Love it. Tracy x
Lovely piece, love your froglet!
A fabulous piece Brenda.
I love this Brenda, and what a fab set of stamps! Have a fun week, Sue xx
I so love these stamps. Great project too Brenda. Happy creative week, Angela xXx
This little guy just makes me smile! I have a frog skelle in my Halloween decorations. I have got to get my hands on this set! You have made some wonderful samples with it!
Oh, he's my favourite - the frog fossil wins! Fabulous set.
Post a Comment