I have been playing with reverse mono printing with stencils using infusions and a stencil.
All the details are over on the Country View Crafts project blog and there I show you how I created this artsy looking background.
It's the Farnborough air show next week. The planes have all been coming in and validating ready for the trade days first and then the public days next weekend. This was the brand new Airbus A350 on it's descent route to land on the airfield and it came right over the roof and garden.
We are just so lucky to see the planes coming in and it's something I love watching. I've got loads more photos on the iphone and the camera, I just need to upload them to the PC so I can use them, so you might see some more later.
For now have a great weekend, ours will be quiet but the noise will start again on Monday and I will be out in the garden when I can.
hugs Brenda xxx
Updated and added from Country View Crafts
Hi Brenda here. I love reverse mono printing with stencils so I thought I would experiment with some of the infusions and a stencil.
I used Daler Rowney mixed media paper and a stencil from Country View Crafts.
Place the stencil on the paper and spritz over it with a water mister.
Take the infusions and sprinkle them over the stencil and spritz again with water. (Next time I might try spritzing with tattered angels sprays).
Remove the stencil and place the wet side down on the paper beside the print you'd already made.
Rub over the back with dry paper towel and lift to reveal the reverse print.
Take a clean piece of paper, spritz with water and lay the wet side of the stencil down again and rub and you will get another lighter print ......
..... repeat to see if you can get another one.
This is what I got. It may be I can use some of these for card making.
At the end of my experiments I had used several pieces of paper and cut out eight backgrounds to make cards. I inked the edges with shabby shutters, broken china and ground espresso distress inks.
I then took Tim's butterfly duo die and cut butterflies and embossed them. I painted them with water and some diarylide yellow media acrylic and when dry added watery abandoned coral distress ink and dried again then rubbed dried marigold and ground espresso distress ink pads over the top. I stamped the sentiment from Tim's perspective set, inked the edges with shabby shutters, broken china and ground espresso distress inks and coloured the word with a broken china distress marker.
Just before I took the photos I pinned a small key onto the bow with a small yellow pin I had in the drawer. This is one finished, I also have most of the elements to now make up the other seven for my box.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you like these artsy background and if you try this technique do let me know, I would love to see what you make.