Here's another of my techniques and layer combinations using acrylic paints. I like to turn to these when needing some inspiration and I have been documenting them on media boards as a resource.
You will find them added to my Tutorials and step x steps page found on my sidebar.
This one - distress layers with stamping- I demoed at Stitches in January 2019.
1. Seal substrate with tinting base
2. Dip, dab and dry each layer. Layer 1 watery raw umber.. Layer 2 Add cobalt blue to mix.
Layer 3 Mix cobalt blue and titan buff. 4 Add titanium white to the mix.
3. Text stamp randomly over the background using hydrangea archival ink.
4. Blend titanium white through a stencil.
5. Add next layer – mix wash of paynes grey and titanium white –
paint over and dab off with kitchen towel)
6. Stamp bold figure with watering can and black archival ink - I used a stamp platform to get a good image.
7. Stamp text/numbers with white paint.
8. Sand and paint/spritz the edges using paynes grey mixed with raw umber.
That's another board in the resource box.