It's Tag Friday over at A Vintage Journey and at last I have been inspired to make something. I have been copying over all the tags made by the amazing Creative Guides and just looking at what they have been producing inspired me to take a couple of hours at my work desk and see if I could get motivated. This is the result - a really grungy tag using one of Andy Skinner's new stamps and a small part of one of his new transfer sheets!
1. Cover a tag with text papers and glue both the underside and topside of them using decoupage sealer/glue. Take a stencil and mix some white modeling paste with white gesso and spread it through using a palette knife.
2. Take some dark colours and paint and rub them over the background and dry.
3. Take white crackle paint and drag some through the stencilled textures with a palette knife.
4. Paint, rub and spritz the same paints adding quinacridone gold to the mix and layer several washes until you are happy with the results.
5. Stamp the Plague Doctor onto an oddment of left over paper/card, tear and paint then adhere to a small rectangle of grungy background.
6. Gather some elements together to create your design and finish with a rubbing from a transfer sheet to add the word.
There we have a finished tag, the first project I have made in 6 weeks! I don't think I have ever been away from my desk for so long in all the time I have been blogging and that's 9 1/2 years!!!
I hope I can keep some momentum going now but I don't think I am going to be a prolific as I was with creating art but who knows?
I hope you can pop over to the AVJ blog to see he amazing line up we have for you to take a look at.
A huge thank you to the wonderful Team who have kept me going and inspired me to get myself into gear today.
Thank you to you too for being here.
Have a great weekend.