I love using a colour palette for inspiration and this time I had the stencil as well as this tag was for one of Di's Hochanda shows.
So here's how my muse took me.
1. Cover tag with DecoArt decou-page paper - I used text from Victorian Romance. Adhere with matte medium and seal the surface of the paper with it. When dry sand back the edges to get rid of any rough edges.
2. Paint a layer of gesso, black and white mixed together to create a light grey over the tag and wipe back to reveal some of the text.
3. Stamp some designs over the thicker gesso areas using watering can archival ink and scrape some white gesso over the tag with a palette knife and add a very small edging with it too using the side of the palette knife.
4. When dry daub, spritz and dribble some paint through. I used quinacridone violet mixed with titanium white and also cerulean blue mixed with paynes grey and titanium white to get two more colours from the photo palette.
5. Blend some black modeling paste through the stencil on the tag to look like an advert.
6. Use a stabilo pencil and wet brush around the edge of the tag to add a 'frame' it.
7. Stamp and cut out a vintage car and the fuel vendor to add as embellishments.
8. Give it a coat of matte varnish.
I have shared this project over on the Tando blog too.
Thanks for stopping by and ......
Tando size 8 tag.
Tando - Andy Skinner new 15 cm stencil - Gasoline
DecoArt media fluid acrylics - quinacridone violet, titanium white, cerulean blue, paynes grey
DecoArt Mediums - black gesso, white gesso, matte medium, ultra matte varnish
Stamps - Tim Holtz Travel Ways, Documented, Vintage Auto