I'm here to share my second project for the Country View Crafts 'Under 30 minutes' time challenge with a masculine card for this one. Again I dipped into discarded supplies from other projects but when you want to make something quickly that's what you need - I keep so many bits and pieces for just that purpose.
I started with a gelli print to become my background, I think it had one pull from the gelli plate and then some brayering over the top from making other prints at the same time.
So how to add the focal elements and more interest to the card? I got out a stencil and the stamp I wanted to use ........
..... and some bits of ephemera and die-cuts ......
...... and then ready to write my recipe like last time.
1. Take a stencil and add shapes to the gelli print background.
2. Use a stamp to add random printing to create more depth.
3. Stamp the focal image on media paper and use distress inks to water colour it - cut the shape of it out and edge with ground espresso.
4. Cut the background to size, round the corners and ink the edges then mount it onto some blue or brown card, rounding the corners again.
5. Create a collage with the focal image, ephemera and border pieces.
6. Add the star and words and hey presto you are done.
Hope you are enjoying the challenge and I hope you can join in. I really need to take this method of card making on board to get something done in less time than I imagined I could.
Have a wonderful weekend. I am off to the Stitches Trade Show in Birmingham on Sunday for a couple of days so that will be fun looking at new products and getting to see lots of crafty friends.
Enjoy your art.
hugs Brenda xxx