Thursday 11 February 2010


It's been a very busy week going up the hospital twice a day to see Mum. She seemed quite a bit better again yesterday but healing 2 broken ribs and a punctured lung is going to take some time.
In-between times I have been working on this card for my very first challenge. I hope to submit it on Craftbubble today as I used the sketchie challenge layout which also has a little twist of 'wings'. I wanted a distressed look and have tried out the Tim Holtz distressing tool which worked well, the stamp is one from my stash and I used the nesties labels to make the frame. The flowers were made from ordinary photocopy paper and aged mahogany and antique linen distress inks. Papers have been edged with gold stickles and vintage photo distress stickles. It's another different style for me - I am learning so much and enjoying all the experimentation. Thanks for looking. Bx

1 comment:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Hi Brenda. We so pleased to have you join us at Lets Get Stamping. Your cards are fabulous and I really can't wait to see more from you in the future so I hope you'll find time to drop by again.

I really do love the distressing on this card. The image is beautiful and so right for this week's wings theme. Everything fits together beautifully in fact. Lovely job. I'm amazed those flowers are just photocopy paper.

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.

Lauren x